Friday, July 17, 2015

The End

Well, today is my last day as an intern.  I don't really feel like my experience is over, though, since I am going to continue to work for the company.  I feel like I have grown so much over the last 9 weeks.  Not only grown as a designer, but also as a person.  I now rely on a cup (or two) of coffee to get me through my day.  On my first day at Mainspace Office Solutions, I was a timid newbie that thought of 320 hours as an eternity.  Now that the time is up, I feel like it all happened in the blink of an eye.  Below are pictures of my first and last day as an intern!
If you have been keeping up with me this summer, you already know that I have taken the College of Nursing project in as part of my family.  I feel like this project has become my child.  I will stand up for it in any fight!  This project is one of the most exciting parts about me staying at the company.  I cannot wait to continue to watch this project go from ideas to reality!  I know I posted some of the renderings a few weeks ago, but here are a few more!


Of course, I have worked on other small projects and have had multiple opportunities to work face-to-face with clients.  I am more comfortable now dealing with clients than I ever thought I would be at this point in my budding career.  As I mentioned earlier this week, I helped the project coordinators for College of Nursing choose fabrics for the seating and tackboards.  Here is a sneak peek of what we chose!
Also, when we met at the existing School of Nursing on Tuesday, I went in the main entrance and they had this on display! (Don't get any ideas, Mrs. Claire)
I would like to thank my boss, Jason Richards, for this awesome internship experience.  I cannot imagine my experience being more fun and beneficial than what it was.  Thank you for trusting me in handling so much and encouraging me along the way.  I cannot wait to see where this year takes me at Mainspace Office Solutions!

I can't believe I am about to begin my senior year in college (for the second time) in just a few short weeks!  I cannot wait to see all of my best friends so soon.  Enjoy the rest of your summer!!

-Haley



No comments:

Post a Comment