Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Happy Hump Day!

Good morning everyone, and Happy Hump Day!  We have almost made it to the end of our internships, and we are inching closer and closer to the first day of school.  Although I am not really excited about beginning classes (sorry Mrs. Claire), I am SUPER pumped about seeing all of your lovely faces again! 

Things at work are going great.  We have had a few new projects that have kept us really busy which make the work days go by too quickly.  I had a chance to see the (almost) completed College of Business building yesterday.  I will post the awesome pictures in my next post!

As I mentioned in the last CIDA post, we have opportunities to work with other disciplines fairly often.  Last week, Jason and I sat down with a furniture sales rep.  He presented his company's new line and furniture offerings.  From there, Jason was able to request literature on products that he thought might be of interest to some of our current clients.  On Monday, we had a meeting with the College of Nursing and a fabric sales rep.  The dean wants to make the nursing school as "Southern Miss" as possible without it being corny.  We relayed this information to the fabric rep and he pulled memos of fabrics that he thought the clients would like.  I was shocked at how many black and gold fabrics there actually are! 

We are constantly dealing with other disciplines and practicing teamwork here at Mainspace Office Solutions.  Jason is trusting me with more tasks, so I am able to do a lot of the specifications and space planning.  Since he is the primary salesperson for the company, the more he can rely on others in the office, the more he can be out in the market selling products!

See y'all later!
-Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment