Friday, June 19, 2015

Is it just me, or is it super hot out there?

Hey y'all.  I don't know about where you are, but it is HOT in Hattiesburg!  If this is any indication of what to expect in July/August, then I think we are all in for a trip!  I have been spending most of my time inside (minus measuring the building for my research paper floor plan.)  After finishing up the renderings for the College of Nursing, I had to make a few modifications.  And, I have to say, I am very pleased with the final products.  We are meeting with the clients again next week to discuss the layouts.  Hopefully we will be good to go and can accurately quote the project!

Jason also told me yesterday that he and I are going to take a trip to Stennis Space Center sometime next week, and that I am going to be introduced as the Interior Designer!  The main focus of the meeting is choosing indoor plants and planters, so I am definitely going to have to learn as much as I can about that topic so I can confidently sell some products!  I have been communicating with the guy from Stennis in charge of the project, but I am still a little nervous to meet him face-to-face.  But, I plan to be so educated on the topic when we go that he will think I specialize in choosing plants.  Haha!

I can't believe that I am already over half way finished with my internship!  It has been such a great learning experience for me so far, and I still have so much time left to learn.  Jason plans on hiring me as a part time worker after the internship is over, so I will be working for him after class next semester.  I am excited to continue to grow in this area of Interior Design!

Have a great weekend!
-Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment