Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Hey y'all!

Now that summer is in full swing, I hope everyone is enjoying their much needed time off.  This is my first full week in the office, so I have been pretty busy so far.  This week, my main goal is to finish the renderings for the College of Nursing.  Although the renderings that I am personally producing are going to be done using Revit, I have had to set up the drawings in AutoCAD to send to the furniture rep.  That is where my "internship challenges" begin.  The main challenge I have faced so far is remembering how to use AutoCAD versus Revit.  It's actually a lot harder to remember than I thought it would be!  However, I am getting used to it.  I have watched multiple YouTube tutorials, so that has helped me remember a lot!  I am also very thankful for all of the help Jason has given me so far.  Since he has worked using primarily AutoCAD for a few years now, he has been able to remind me little things that I have forgotten about the program.  Although he is a furniture dealer/salesperson rather than a designer, he has been the main space planner for the company.  I think he is enjoying having me around to work on small projects, and I am enjoying being here to help him out!

I am beginning to build a list of contacts, and so far all of the reps that I have had to call on have been really helpful.  One of them is even coming early for his Thursday meeting so he can meet me and help show me a few things! 

I haven't had a chance to see the School of Business yet, but from what I hear, the furniture installation is going great.  I will probably invite myself for a tour next time Jason goes!  Until then, I will keep on keeping on.  Check back soon!

-Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment